Monday, July 19, 2010

Facial Masks Review

I have never tried a facial mask in my entire life just because I don't see the need to buy one. I felt the 3-step regime will be good enough for my face. But I don't know why; these masks seem to be attracting me these days. I will see them at our local drugstores and feel so tempted to buy them. I eventually caved in when I saw these selling at 4 for $10 at a recent flea market. My sister instigated me to buy too. Haha. Clever girl.

I couldn't take much pictures because of my pathetic camera quality (I need a new camera!!) and I was very lazy so I used my IPhone instead. I captured just the two masks my Sis and I were trying out and totally forgot to take a picture of the ingredients at the back. I think the masks were from Taiwan/China/Hongkong etc. as they have chinese writings on them. (This is part of the reason why I want to learn Mandarin so much!! Gosh.)

Mine

Sis's

I had trouble putting on the mask (it looked huge on my small face!) and then it got quite uncomfortable the whole time the mask was on me. (Sis was like an expert; she placed the mask on her face so deftly!) I didn't even know that I had to cover my eyes as well. Yes, I was that dumb.
The mask did no justice to my face. The two main ingredients (they were written in english) for the particular Grape Seed Extract Mask were collagen and witch hazel. I remember breaking out from the WITCH Foaming Face Wash I used a long time ago that contained natural Witch Hazel.


My face did feel a bit tighter probably due to the collagen but it caused a tingling sensation to my fragile eyes which I thought was temporary. After a few days, the dry patches above my eyes, came back! Now, I have to double up on moisturizing my eyes yet again.

All the time I was having these problems, my sister was having a breeze. In fact, she said her face felt smoother and clean. Bleargh.

No comments:

Post a Comment