Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-aging Moisturizer Review

I have always been on a look-out for good moisturizers as it does get pretty dry around the contours of my eyes and near my jawline. Also, at that point of time, my lightweight moisturizer wasn't doing much justice on my dry eyes which was getting worse by the days. And so, after doing much research, I decided to grab my hands on the "Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-aging Moisturizer".

7-in-1 sounds like a lot to offer and anti-aging is always a good thing right? I just assumed 23 is quite an appropriate age to join the anti-aging bandwagon. Haha. It also has a pump! I wish my Revlon Colorstay Foundation has a pump too.

According to their website :-

Total Effects fights 7 signs of aging (fine lines and wrinkles, rough texture, uneven skin tone, dullness, prominent pores, age spots and dryness) by:

• Minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles -----> I didn't see much improvement actually.

• Smoothing skin’s texture with gentle exfoliation -----> Not really sure about that.
• Balancing color and tone while reducing the appearance of age spots -----> I don't have age spots yet but it did actually brighten up my face abit.
• Fighting dullness for healthy-looking radiance ----> see above
• Refining to minimize pore appearance -----> My pores are still the same.
• Moisturizing to nourish dry skin and to help firm and subtly lift its appearance -----> It was quite moisturizing the first few times I used it but after that, it didn't do much to my face!! ):
• Protecting skin’s surface with antioxidants ----> Probably. But, it didn't moisturize my face enough!

Just in case you're wondering, I used this product for about a month and a half before doing this review. I must say, I am disappointed. I even experienced some tingling sensations after a while that I just stopped using it. Now I'm back to my Nivea Soft Intensive Moisturizing Cream. It's cheap and it did help reduce the dryness around my eyes. It also claims to have Jojoba Oil and Vitamin E which is a plus. (:

Ok, I lied. I bought the Nivea Creme first but it didn't work on me either.

It was just too greasy and it didn't solve my problem. Now I have 2 moisturizers lying in my cupboard left unused. Bleargh.

I'm still finding for the right moisturizer for my normal/dry skin. It would be good if it has SPF in it too. Hmm.. Have you found yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment